I think the fact that all their videos are all done in a single shot is what amazes me. There is also a second video for this same song with a marching band - that one is cool, too - but YouTube won't let me embed that one. You just have to go here to see it.
Also, I think I'm going to have to turn in my cool card (as if I ever carried one) because I'm enjoying SNL this year. Between "What's Up With That?" and the " ESPN Sports Classics" sketches, I find myself laughing more than groaning. Here's the latest Sports Classics sketch:
- on in the background:NPR - All Things Considered
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? Nope
02) What was your dream growing up? To be a veterinarian sportscaster – I loved animals and hockey.
03) What talent do you wish you had? The ability to play the guitar
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be? Diet Coke (Caffeine-free if they’ve got it)
05) Favourite vegetable? Green Beans
06) What was the last book you read? The Help by Katherine Stockett
07) What zodiac sign are you? Aquarius on the Capricorn cusp
08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where. Just the earlobes (pierced). I used to have 3 holes in my left ear, but have let the top two close.
09) Worst Habit? Tardiness
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? Hells yes.
11) What is your favourite sport? HOCKEY!
12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude? Optimistic.
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Sit on the floor and talk – maybe a sing-along.
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you? Is it sad that I can’t think of a “worst thing”? My nephew’s death
15) Tell me one weird fact about you. I can fit my fist in my mouth.
16) Do you have any pets? 2 cats and a part-time dog
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly? I would invite you in and make daiquiris.
18) What was your first impression of me? I’ve yet to meet you in person, but I’m sure I’d lurve you.
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Depends on the costume and make-up.
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? Lose weight.
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? Probably your conscience – I’m a great devil on the shoulder, but am an angel when it actually comes to follow through.
22) What colour eyes do you have? Hazel
23) Ever been arrested? Nope
24) Bottle or can soda? Fountain
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it? Buy a fridge, and then bank the rest.
26) What's your favourite place to hang out at? In my bed
27) Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
28) Favourite thing to do in your spare time? Be online
29) Do you swear a lot? Only when alone – especially in my car (see next question)
30) Biggest pet peeve? Idiot drivers
31) In one word, how would you describe yourself? Happy
32) Do you believe/appreciate romance? Yes
33) Favourite and least favourite food? Steak/cabbage
34) Do you believe in God? I believe in something.
35) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? Asked and answered.
- location:Living Room
- on in the background:Gilmore Girls
Cheers, Olympians! Your years of training and hard work will not be all for naught.
- on in the background:Ramble On - Led Zepplin
It's funny how I spend so much time making fancy icons when I rarely post, and when I do, I forget to change off of my default. I figured I'd just show off the new batch otherwise I would be the only one to see them.
The brain bleach one isn't exactly new, but that took so many layers to get the right splash effect that I wanted to include it.
- on in the background:Stuck in the Middle With You - Stealer's Wheel
Tostitos - $2.50
DVD copy of Little Big League - $5
Scott Patterson in his jockeys - PRICELESS
Not much happening here. I've already done a good portion of my Christmas shopping (Kohl's coupons rock) - I have all of my gifts for my family purchased and a good portion of what my mother will give my sisters, what my sisters will give my mother and what my sisters will give each other. I should be a professional shopper.
The only thing I have no ideas about is what to tell people to get me. Everything I want that I haven't already bought for myself are big ticket items or remodeling things - I want new counter tops, backsplash and floor for the kitchen, a new tub and floor for the bathroom - not stuff that can be easily wrapped. I guess I should just ask for money or hardware store gift cards. Not much fun or a surprise, but practical.
I did consider asking for a Casio keyboard I saw in the Target ad. I'm not musical (if you don't count my melodious voice), and never learned to play an instrument (if you don't count my wicked tambourine skills), so the idea of being able to tickle the ivories tickled me as well. Plus, I imagine it being easier to learn than the guitar or bassoon. Has anyone learned an instrument as an adult? Is my hard-wired brain capable of learning something this complicated? I keep thinking that I need to expand my horizons. Take classes! Learn a second language! Meet people! Have adventures! Then I see what is on TV and decide self-improvement can wait 'til tomorrow.
Ah, procrastination. My one true friend.
- on in the background:NPR - All Things Considered